Do I need a Premium Asphalt Shingle? What is a Premium Roofing Shingle?
How To Determine If Your Roof Needs
Premium Asphalt Shingles
Here Are Some Tips To Narrow Down Your Material Of
Choice For Your Seattle Roof Replacement
Deciding to go forward with a Seattle roof replacement is daunting – it’s no small expense. Determining the suitable material, style, type of roof, and contractor to do the job are all critical judgments that need to be made.
With such a large project at hand, one strategy that helps is to break the larger problems down into smaller problems, solving each one at a time.
Assuming you have already chosen the most popular material – asphalt – for your Seattle roof replacement, let’s determine which type of asphalt shingle you should select.
But first, it’s essential to understand some of the terms and alternative terms for roofing materials, so you don’t get confused along the way.
What Does All Of This Roofing Terminology Mean, Anyway?
In the roofing world, there are many fancy brand names, product lines, manufacturers, and spin-offs of asphalt shingles. It can often be confusing and intimidating for the average consumer considering a Seattle roof replacement.
Here is a quick reference guide to some roofing terminology and what they mean:
- Asphalt, composite, or composition shingles and roofing – these terms all refer to the same type of roofing material composed of a mixture of different elements. This type of roofing material is the most popular among homeowners.
There are then three main sub-types of asphalt shingles:
- Strip shingles, strips, or 3-tab shingles – the least expensive of asphalt shingles, these are made from one layer of asphalt and have a very flat look.
- Dimensional, architectural, or laminate shingles – this type of asphalt shingle is a step up from 3-tab shingles and offers more layers, superior protection and durability, and lifespan.
- Luxury or premium shingles – top-of-the-line asphalt shingles offering superior coloration, depth and dimension, and durability compared to architectural and 3-tab shingles.
Premium Or Luxury Roofing Shingles Are Superior:
When trying to understand a premium or luxury shingle before going ahead with your Seattle roof replacement, it’s important to know how it contrasts with other popular asphalt shingle choices on the market.
Let’s simplify it a little – here’s how premium or luxury asphalt shingles compare to the other top roofing choices on the market.
Premium Roof Shingles Vs. 3-Tab Shingles
3-tab shingles are entry-level and typically found on older homes, making their difference with premium shingles quite substantial. That said, what differences can you expect between the two?
- 3-tab shingles will be significantly less attractive than premium shingles.
- Premium shingles will last much longer than 3-tab and almost always come with warranties far exceeding that of 3-tab shingles.
- Premium shingles are entirely impervious to the elements for their lifetime, while 3-tab shingles may present some issues in completely keeping out moisture.
Premium Roof Shingles Vs. Architectural Roof Shingles
When considering a Seattle roof replacement, these are the two types of asphalt shingles between which you’re likely debating. Both are excellent choices in what they can offer for your roof in terms of durability, quality, and protection against the elements.
If there was one area where premium shingles completely outshine architectural shingles, it’s this – curb appeal and home value.
Premium roof shingles are stunning and will turn every head on the block with their depth, dimensionality, and subtle coloration detail, giving your home an immediate upscale appeal.
Beyond curb appeal – they are more durable, will last longer than any other type of asphalt shingle, and will easily withstand the elements. Under normal conditions, these shingles can easily last 30 years or longer.
If you value maximum appeal, valuation added to your home, and supreme durability – premium asphalt shingles are for you.
Is Your Contractor Correctly Matching You With Your
Seattle Roof Replacement Needs?
This article may have helped you determine if you need premium asphalt shingles for your Seattle roof replacement. However, finding a trustworthy and reliable contractor who will offer you an honest and straightforward matching process based on your needs is also essential.
Upselling and less-than-honest selling tactics are unfortunate realities in the contracting world. Be sure to select a trustworthy roofing expert who will tell you exactly how it is based on your current situation and overall needs.
These Highly Reputable Roofing Experts Can Help You
Determine What You Need
When you still have questions regarding your Seattle roof replacement, you need a contractor who will listen to your every need and offer you only the perfect solution – nothing more, nothing less.
RoofSmart™ has been making an excellent name for themselves in the Greater Seattle Area as this authority and expert, providing comprehensive and complete roofing solutions since 2011.
Contact RoofSmart™ at (206)487-4877 or fill out their convenient online contact form to immediately get in touch for your Seattle roof replacement project today!